Sunday, April 18, 2010

‘Nachipanti’ victim still in pain, needs help

By Nyasa Times Published: April 17, 2010

Six months after her discharge from the hospital, Maggie Twalibu, one of the surviving victims of of blood suckers', the infamous 'Nachipanti' attack that terrorized people of Goliyo in Ndirande Township says she has not fully recovered.

The 16-year-old Twalibu is the only surviving victim of last year's October 7 blood suckers' attack that left her sister's son Razak dead on the spot. Her elder sister Sheila died few weeks at the hospital where the two were admitted.

Narrating her story at Quarry-Soche where she is staying with her brother, Yusuf, Twaibu said she was still in pain.

"I still feel general pains in my body. Sometimes, I experience memory lapses where I feel I have forgotten something that happened to me," she said.

She said up to date she has no idea about what happened on the fateful night and how she found herself admitted in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of QECH.

Twalibu said since her discharge from the hospital she has been selective on what to eat and drink. She said medical doctors advised her to take a lot of juice and eat appetizing foodstuff and vegetables.

The shy looking form-one student at Chisomo Private Secondary School says the biggest challenge facing her family is how to find financial support for her education and buy good food.

She lamented well-wishers have since stopped supporting her except Member of Parliament for Ndirande Central Constituency, Eunice Makwangwala.-Big Issue Malawi

*PICTURE: Maggie Twalibu the surviving Nachipanti Victim-Big Issue Malawi

 Email This Post

Source: Malawi news | NyasaTimes breaking online news source from Malaw


Post a Comment